Our Mission is to lead in manufacturing quality and responsibly sourced products to meet our client’s needs safely within a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation.
NEI relies upon an innovative, educated, experienced and well-organized staff to perform essential functions of the NEI program. A positive attitude, desire to work as efficiently as possible, attention to detail and excellent stakeholder-facing communication skills are required. The work is fast paced, demands quick thinking, solid decision making and changes rapidly. Salespeople must make numerous far reaching decisions quickly and multitask without being overwhelmed. Continuous training and development are integral to this role as are sales skills, organization, flexibility and ability to engage with team as needed.
Salesperson’s job is to meet sales goals by developing relationships with clients to acquire new business and networking within existing customers to retain and grow their business. A salesperson or account manager is passionate about their work and NEI, solution oriented and responsible for multiple client accounts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Gains new clients and business on a regular and ongoing basis. Salesperson’s individual sales contribution is at least 10 x annual salary
- Maintains a prospective client pipeline that is sufficient to meet sales goals. Increases sales and deals closed year over year
- Follows up on leads, quotes, closes deals and wins new clients. Responds to RFPS in a timely manner. Produces quotes, documentation and presentations that are good representations of NEI and our product that win business
- Develops and implements strategic plans to manage and grow account base through research, connections, tradeshows, networking and common sense
- Able to convert high percentage of leads to clients; leverages inbound marketing program, touches required and results per contact method to convert.
- Hits goals and quotas i.e. customer acquisition and revenue growth.
- Able to convert prospects to clients with relatively few touches
- Retains clients and builds strong, trusting relationships. Understands client needs and identified new business opportunities within portfolio. Stays in front of clients in person and with continuous contact marketing plans
- Plans travel efficiently to maximize client contact and control expenses. Has high meeting invitation acceptance rates
- Able to keep sales cycle short but does not lessen overall customer satisfaction
- Provides superior customer service and ensures client satisfaction/retention. Communicates and coordinates effectively with internal teams to deliver solutions
- Attends and leads sales events and meetings as needed. Contributes to sales and marketing strategies
- Supports sales team to improve their performance and reach sales targets
- Develops and maintains excellent knowledge and understanding of our business, offerings competitors and industry
- Able to maintain a positive attitude in all seasons of the sales cycle. Able to engage different market verticals, prospects and clients on an appropriate level to understand and meet needs
- Records all sales activities in SalesForce
Measures of Success:
|Follows NEI Sales Process||New business within business||Returning messages within x-number of hours|
|Promotes NEI image||Sales dollars||Does salesperson set goals? Daily, weekly, monthly annually?|
|Utilizes NEI Collateral||Profit margin||Uses CRM effectively|
|Lead Generation||Hitting goals/quotas i.e. customer acquisition and revenue growth||Maintains contact database|
|Lead Conversion||# sales per week||Provides weekly sales report|
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business administration, MBA preferred
- 5+ years sales experience including new account development
- Experience managing large account portfolios
- Strong customer service and project management skills
- Strong communication skills, presentation skills, management and leadership skills. Well organized and detail oriented
- Proven performance in creating and implementing a sales plans and meeting sales goals
- Experience with SalesForce or other CRM tool including data analysis. Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Available for travel as needed, clean driving record
- Sense of urgency