Our Mission is to lead in manufacturing quality and responsibility sourced products to meet our client’s needs safely within a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation.
Maintenance Manager acts in support of production, equipment and facilities. This role will be directly involved in maintenance and operation of production equipment and functions. The Maintenance Manager reports to the Plant Manager and represents the maintenance department on the SQF team.
NEI employs a reliable and trained Maintenance Manager to maintain, repair and replace NEI production and other equipment safely. Maintenance Manager monitors assets on an ongoing basis carrying out daily, weekly, monthly and annual preventative maintenance procedures. Maintenance Manager recommends, oversees and/or performs needed equipment repairs and upgrades. Maintenance Manager has a positive attitude, works as efficiently as possible, pays attention to detail and has excellent communication skills. The work is fast paced, demands quick thinking, solid decision making and changes rapidly.
When our NEI maintenance program is successful, every area of the company is positively affected. Maintenance performance is directly correlated to manufacturing performance. NEI wants a reliability-focused culture working closely across all business functions including management. The Maintenance Department’s strategic objective is to move from repair work to preventative maintenance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitors, maintains and repairs equipment; reduces production down time. Provides updates and documentation regarding equipment maintenance and preventative maintenance program
- Identifies and carries out appropriate solutions and repairs
- Acts as a safety champion ensuring all equipment and personnel operate safely
- Manages expenses to maximize investment and reduce overall costs
– Identifies high volume use items and does price comparison
– Identify critical need items and stock items that result in repeated down time
– Utilizes vendor warehouse instead on NEI warehouse for lesser used items
– Identifies assets and equipment that are costly to maintain; develop alternate solutions
- Analyzes non-conformities and coordinates corrective action (i.e. preventative maintenance, equipment repairs and clean up). Provides proper documentation to SQF Team.
- Reduces major repairs by correcting minor difficulties as soon as they are evident. Interacts with operators, management and SQF Team to identify issues.
- Maintenance supports strategic supplier and vendor relationships as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Maintenance uses reliability data collection and analysis systems like root cause analysis; utilizes Maintenance Schedule and Maintenance Manual
- Provides training to production team as needed
- Assists with audits and audit preparations; active member of SQF Team
- Supports owners, Plant Manager and production as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- HSE minimum required. associate or applicable certification/degree preferred
- 5 years’ equipment maintenance work in a similar industrial environment preferred
- Physically able to lift 50 lbs., walk or stand for a full shift
- Familiarity with gauges, dials diagrams and able to read and follow work orders
- Able to use a variety of hand and power tools including welder, drill press and other
- Strong Interpersonal communication skills written, verbal and computer
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, documentation, and organizational skills
- Continuous training and development needed
- Strong safety record
- Flexibility and availability for overtime if needed